Site Admin

Re: 2023 spring-summer

Post by marika.solo »

February 25
Hello everyone :-)

(I edited these posts more times)

KOSOVO
previous info viewtopic.php?p=10842#p10842

- two storklet/siblings from one nest in Kosovo were equipped with transmitter (reason: identification of migration routes and wintering areas of Black Storks from Kosovo)
- Serafina: perished in Romania (reason unknown) viewtopic.php?p=10842#p10842
- Mareci: last information (Nov.05) - Sudan viewtopic.php?p=10842#p10842

I searched today for news and I read on movebank: "Time of Last Deployed Location 2023-02-25 14:00:25.000"
I hope stork is still alive. I asked our FB friend and forum member Lulzim Demaj.

The photo was taken on their nest a week before they were ringed and attached the transmitters.
post by Lulzim Demaj in our forum on 25.08.2022 https://www.facebook.com/groups/blackst ... 9267761953
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continuation

Lulzim Demaj answered immediately :D thank you very,very much!

MARECI

Al Jabalayn ( also El Jebelein ) is a town in central Sudan (White Nile State) lying on the east bank of the River Nile.

marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continuation

MARECI and the previous area - near canal (not far to the north from the newest localisation)
I don't know the exact GPS data so this area is only approximately

marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continuation

MARECI - the newest localisation
I don't know the exact GPS data so this area is only approximately

marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continuation

Great egrets in that area
earth google - by Mohamed Ali https://lh5.ggpht.com/p/AF1QipPCBRrkbO8 ... -eEC=w1920

not far to the south from MARECI's newest localisation year ago - Feb.2022 (hills to the east near Al Jabalayn)

PHOTO https://goo.gl/maps/cxCLmRbufqsUbwhY9 image capture Feb 2022 by محمد سنوسي ابراهيم مقدم

big PHOTO https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1 ... c9tC=h1440
or on the google-map https://goo.gl/maps/H1WdqCuHVaCyQZC8A image capture Mar 2016 by Martin Louis

or this view on Al Jabalayn area (with Nile in background) https://goo.gl/maps/E3HsaGoeHZcBWTDQ9
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

MARECI (2022, Kosovo)

I ask for information and I received this pic - thank you Lulzim Demaj :)

Mareci is still in the same area - photos in previous post
Al Jabalayn ( also El Jebelein ) - a town in central Sudan (White Nile State) lying on the east bank of the River Nile.

marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

April 19

FRANCE - Parc national de forêts
19.04.2023 https://www.facebook.com/parcnationalde ... kFMQcypGwl - GT (corrections later)

The Epic of Black Storks | They are back! 🌳
🌼 That's it, after a winter spent in West Africa, our four black storks equipped with GPS transmitters have returned from migration!
We offer you to (re)get acquainted with each of them:

▪️ Divona, the oldest of the mascots: despite what its name suggests, it is a male. Aged 13, he was born in the National Park and was given a ring to identify him when he was still a chick. Since then, it migrates to the level of the Senegal River every year, and returns to reproduce in the territory of the National Forest Park since 2015. Divona successfully migrates and breeds each year. In total, as many as fifteen storks were born in their nests. Note that it nests less than 7km from the tree that saw it born. He has the habit of making the migration journey quickly: about 20 days are enough for him to travel the necessary 4000 km. This year, our dear Divona took her time: on her way down to Africa, she made several stops in Spain, and Morocco. And for the spring return, he allowed himself a halt in the Dordogne, which led to a fifteen-day delay. He arrived last April 9th.

▪️ Coming up next Sylvana: This beautiful black stork of less than 2 years old has been fitted with a ring and a transmitter in 2021. Particularly interesting to track this bird, which was likely Divona's companion in 2021. Unfortunately in 2022, the two mascots didn't get back together: indeed, for some unknown reason, Sylvana had a very long delay in Africa's comeback since she spent several weeks in Spain. By the time she joined us in April, Divona had found herself another companion... This year Sylvana has been rushed home since she arrived last March 30th. Will Divona and Sylvana get back together in 2023? The latest data suggests that the two "lovebirds" have spent the last few nights together. Business to be followed ....

▪️ Also discover Elfik we talked to you about a little earlier. Tbh this might be small news as we are still waiting for genetic confirmation of his gender. This bird was fitted with a GPS transmitter in 2022 and we still don't know much about it. In any case, it is the first to have returned from migration this year since it crossed the boundaries of the National Park on March 26.

▪️ Finally, it will not have escaped you that Toutatis' return was accompanied by sad news. His remains was found in the South-West of France. Returning to the territory of the National Park on March 30, he had resumed a migration south, probably being injured shortly after arriving in Haute-Marne. An investigation is underway to determine the causes of his death.
About 7 years old, it had been breeding in the territory of the National Park since at least 2019.

⚠️ We remind you that the black stork is a wild animal very susceptible to disturbance, especially in this period of breeding and breeding. A simple visit near its nest can cause the stork to abandon it. Thank you for keeping your distance, and respecting their quietness to continue to preserve their populations.

The tracking of black storks is carried out with the help of Office national des forêts , Coordination nationale Réseau Cigogne noire ONF LPO and the ring program France (ACETAM)
📷 Olivier Pellerin (illustration images)
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continutaion

marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

May 05

MARECI (2022, Kosovo)

I ask for information and I received this 2 pic - thank you Lulzim Demaj :)
(previous info: viewtopic.php?p=12698#p12698)

Mareci is on the way to one summer destination too
from
Al Jabalayn ( also El Jebelein ) - a town in central Sudan (White Nile State) lying on the east bank of the River Nile.
to
Israel

Image Image

Return to “News about other BS with transmitter”