Post by marika.solo »

News about other BS nests

in this topic you can share info about other black storks nests
Madli

Re: News from other black storks nest

Post by Madli »

ESTONIA

715F is back from migration
(715F is the male stork who uses the western migration path, often photographed in France. He was Madi's father. In his nest is installed a trail camera that occasionally sends images)

TIMMU arrived from migration and visited 4 (empty) nests that he used to visit also last year.

TIMMU flies in a 15 km radius and checks different nests.

TIMMU keeps going between 5-6 different nests.

TIMMU goes between 2 nests in a 10 km radius.
NURME is also visiting 3 different nests from last year.

According to the transmitter movements, TIMMU and NURME probably still haven't found a partner.

TIMMU has stayed in 1 nest. It's unknown if he has found a parter yet, but judging by his movements, it's possible that he has found a female.
NURME mainly stays in the nest from previous year, but making longer trips, longest of them was 60+km. Probably without a female.
715F alone in the nest. He was seen feeding about 16 km away from the nest today.
Madli

Post by Madli »

TIMMU might have a female, according to the flight patterns.
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Madli wrote: 30 Apr 2023, 15:02 29.04
Timmu might have a female, according to the flight patterns.
Wow, great news Madli, thank you! I am very happy for him :D . Fingers crossed for successfully season!
Madli

Post by Madli »

TIMMU spends long periods in the nest and flies mainly between feeding area and nest- incubating?

715F got a visitor yesterday (18.05) who was in the nest while he was away- the visitor was an unringed stork, gender unknown. This was not the last year's female because she wears a metal ring.
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Madli wrote: 20 May 2023, 11:23TIMMU spends long periods in the nest and flies mainly between feeding area and nest- incubating?
wow, that would be wonderful

Madli, thx for news :-)
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

July 14
Hello everyone :-)

infos by Urmas (13.07.2023):

NURME
on 13.07 Nurme again visited Kergu's nest for a short while - photos viewtopic.php?p=20438#p20438

According my repeated rewind I can read ring number 7153 - Nurme. He is single as much as we know, or at least not successful in breeding. There is trail cam at his main nest of this season, but nobody checked it yet. Also, tracking data support that Nurme was yesterday afternoon on Kergu nest. Last year, if Kergu was breeding successfully, Nurme only passed by few times Kergu nest.

TIMMU
Today is planned visit to Timmus nest, there are a bit later chicks or chick. We provide additional food also for Timmu - it is really dry everywhere in forests.

photo:

EEDI
Nothing about Eedi, soon will visit his former nest. Once two weeks ago there was adult stork standing in nest and I did not want to frighten it away, so retreated slowly, but did not see more about nest trough the branches. Additional feeding basket in that territory was not visited by Eedi, like it was last year...
Madli

Post by Madli »

Hello

Today, 14.07.2023, Urmas + Co visited TIMMU's nest.

In the nest was 1 chick+ 1 unhatched egg.

The chick was in normal condition and received a plastic ring- 7191.

Photo by me:

Good luck for the little storklet! This year is exceptionally difficult for our storks!
Adria

Post by Adria »

Thanks to Madli for the great news and photo and of course good luck to the little stork :)
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

FB RDLP w Łodz https://www.facebook.com/LasyPanstwoweL ... %2CO%2CP-R

#bocianyczarneonline 🎬 Widoki z bocianiego gniazda 👇
Z zainteresowaniem oglądamy naszego Fernando, jego bardzo nieśmiałe jeszcze loty poza gniazdo i ćwiczenia polegające na wskakiwaniu na gruby konar i sfruwaniu na gniazdo💚. Konar ten stał się dla Fernando jednocześnie ulubionym miejscem do ćwiczeń i do przesiadywania, a czasami nawet nocowania.
🤓Obrączkowanie piskląt bociana czarnego na terenie RDLP w Łodzi dało okazję do sfotografowania widoków, które na co dzień oglądają bociany ze swoich gniazd. Większość gniazd miała podpierające gniazdo mniejsze lub większe, młodsze lub starsze, żywe bądź martwe wystające daleko poza gniazdo konary, które w okresie wylotu bardzo ułatwiają młodym ptakom doskonalenie sztuki latania.
🕵️‍♀️🪹Gniazda bociana czarnego znajdowały się na wysokości od 6 do 19,5 m. Średnia wysokość umieszczenia gniazda to 13,67 m. 72% gniazd umieszczonych było na dębach, a 26% na sosnach.
fot. i info: prof. Piotr Zieliński, Wydział Biologii i Ochrony Środowiska Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego

edit: (Marika - GT)
Views from the stork's nest 👇
We watch our Fernando with interest, his still very shy flight outside the nest and his exercise of jumping onto a thick bough and frolicking on the nest💚. This bough has become both a favourite place for Fernando to exercise and to perch and sometimes even spend the night.
🤓The ringing of black stork chicks in the Łódź RDLP provided an opportunity to photograph the views that storks see from their nests on a daily basis. Most of the nests had smaller or larger, younger or older, living or dead branches protruding far beyond the nest, which during the flight period make it very easy for the young birds to perfect the art of flying.
🕵️‍♀️🪹Black stork nests were located at heights ranging from 6 to 19.5 m. The average height of nest placement was 13.67 m. 72% of the nests were placed on oak trees and 26% on pine trees.

click for very nice photos on the link

Return to “News from other black storks nest”