EEDI, adult male from Karula NP

Madli

Re: EEDI, adult male from Karula NP

Post by Madli »

Hello.

"There is confusion about Eedi. Two colleagues and I went to Latvia in the middle of september to see the place of the last location points. There was a power line visible on the map at the last point above the river and on the bank. There was a small doubt that maybe he ended up there.

Eedi had a lot of points in the suitable feeding place, but nothing physical found anywhere (if you don't count the poop stains under the night resting tree).

At least Eedi probably didn't die there (on the banks of the Licupe river). Feathers would still have found in some places. What happened next to him, we will perhaps find out in the spring - in case he appears somewhere. If he doesn't appear in any of his visited nests in the spring, then it is suspicious. Eedi is wearing the oldest Ornitela transmitter we have."

Urmas
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Madli wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 12:59 What happened next to him, we will perhaps find out in the spring - in case he appears somewhere. If he doesn't appear in any of his visited nests in the spring, then it is suspicious. Eedi is wearing the oldest Ornitela transmitter we have."
Hi Madli :-),

thank you very much for sharing this news. I still believe for transmitter failure. Fingers crossed very, very much for him!
We still have hope that he will appear on some nest - and Urmas or his colleagues will see him (ideally, we will see him also - on Karl's nest, as we had the opportunity once before).
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Our Black stork calendar can be downloaded here viewtopic.php?p=11142#p11142.
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

EEDI's autumn migration in previous years:

LAST BIRDMAP UPDATE
more: viewtopic.php?p=9123#p9123 and next posts

Urmas to Eedi:
marika.solo wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 10:28 Dear Marika,
I have no idea about Eedi. Last GPS data (21st Aug) are normal, last transmission was in 28th, without GPS data. Like poor network has been that time. And no more signals.
Urmas
Madli wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 12:59 Hello.
"There is confusion about Eedi. Two colleagues and I went to Latvia in the middle of september to see the place of the last location points. There was a power line visible on the map at the last point above the river and on the bank. There was a small doubt that maybe he ended up there.
Eedi had a lot of points in the suitable feeding place, but nothing physical found anywhere (if you don't count the poop stains under the night resting tree).
At least Eedi probably didn't die there (on the banks of the Licupe river). Feathers would still have found in some places. What happened next to him, we will perhaps find out in the spring - in case he appears somewhere. If he doesn't appear in any of his visited nests in the spring, then it is suspicious. Eedi is wearing the oldest Ornitela transmitter we have."
Urmas
as I wrote already:
I still believe for transmitter failure. Fingers crossed very, very much for EEDI!
We still have hope that he will appear on some nest - and Urmas or his colleagues will see him (ideally, we will see him also - on Karl's nest, as we had the opportunity once before). ...
(btw. I follow Eedi in detail from his first migration, resp. first data on the birdmap - he is very close to my heart)
Madli

Post by Madli »

I am also hoping for Eedi's safe return ;)
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

continuation (spring birdmap) viewtopic.php?f=70&t=98&p=11273#p11273

Return to “Estonia”