Post by GGJudit »

Hungarian bird photos - black stork
https://www.birdphotography.hu/gallery? ... a+nigra%22
GGJudit

Re: Movies and videos about black storks

Post by GGJudit »

by WatchDoku - The documentary film channel, 2021

The beauty of Black Storks

Description: Nature is a constant source of surprise, also of a positive manner; as, although animals and plants disappear from our landscapes on an almost daily basis, there are "returnees". The black stork is one of them. The large and colourful bird, known only to a few, has reclaimed German forests. Secretly and silently. The black stork lives as a recluse, in contrast with its cousin, the white stork, which enjoys the proximity of humans.
Madli

Post by Madli »

by Arno Werner - GERMANY, 2019

Schwarzstorch

A short movie clip

EDIT by Marika-Solo
ARNO WERNER, Ornithologe und Länder-/Fachbeirat der Naturschutzinitiative e.V. (NI) ist seit über 40 Jahren im Bereich des Vogelschutzes und der Vogelforschung unterwegs. Als Mitinitiator, Koordinator und Gebietsbetreuer verschiedener Institutionen und Projekte liegt einer seiner Schwerpunkte im Vogelmonitoring der Naturschutzgebiete, insbesondere des EU-Vogelschutzgebietes Fuldatal mit Foto- und Filmdokumentationen. (https://www.naturschutz-initiative.de/n ... iative-e-v)
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

by Latest Sightings (Claudia Apfelthaler) - Kruger Park - Skukuza Area, in northeastern South AFRICA, 2018

Stork's Beak Gets Stuck in the Other's Throat

very short video (1:38)

(text posted below the video)
Black storks may seem pretty intimidating to other birds with those large beaks, and quite rightly so. These two storks had gotten themselves into a squabble and made full use of their weapons to jump down one another’s throats …

Claudia Apfelthaler (55), captured this duel on film and tells Latestsightings.com: “We were cruising towards Paul Kruger Gate very near to the end of the day and stopped over a small river on the S114, at the Biyamiti loop, to take in the surroundings. I was admiring a hippo with terrapins on its back and a few hyena that were just lazing around in the water - it was just so hot."

"I’m always on the lookout for birds so when I saw a black stork, I immediately zoned in on him and was taken aback when another one landed next to him and the two started fighting. I’m not at all sure what the whole fight was actually about, but it must have been something intense because the birds were literally using their beaks to pin each other down through throats."

"I was surprised at the attack but soon realized there was probably a whole territorial thing going on between these birds. I guess I learnt a lot as I always assumed they were just peaceful. Luckily both birds survived and went on about their separate ways."
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

by Komitet Ochrony Orłów (uploaded: 13 Nov 2019)

Black stork fight for the nest, (04.04.2019)

video

(text posted below the video - GT)
The nest is located in the Suchedniów Forest District, in the Sieradowicki Landscape Park, in the northern part of the province. Świętokrzyskie. Built on a huge oak with a breast height of 550 cm, at a height of 20 meters. Monitored with the use of a camera trap since 2019. During the breeding season, at least 3 different adult black storks appeared in the nest (including one bird wearing rings). The eggs were not laid, but we know from the employees of the forest inspectorate that the successful brood took place in the previous year.

thank you Maria Lewandowska for hint :-)
Madli

Post by Madli »

Vita Kokkopji / Arboristi

Melno stārķu gredzenošana Latvijā / Black stork banding in Latvia 2022

marika.solo
Site Admin

Re: Videos, movies, professional photos

Post by marika.solo »

marika.solo wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 20:32 by Arian Mavriqi - KOSOVO

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUNJPV ... PvA/videos
videos about nest life (Kosovo, Kamenice 2021) and also videos with black storks out from nest
“Wildlife” me Arian Mavriqin - Në kërkim të lejlekut të zi (Ciconia Nigra), 15.07.2022
16.45 min

and one short
Pairs of Black storks! (Ciconia nigra), 23.04.2022

thx for hint to our member Judit :-)
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Black stork attacks white stork pair

video by our forum member Judit - thank you very much!

Hungen, DE - egy fekete gólya támadta meg a fehér gólyákat - 2023 03 09

I know only one similar case https://goris.lv/pavasara-jaunumi/ (very interesting reading in my opinion)

BS is visiting one white stork nest in Crevalcore, IT(also by our Judit):

Crevalcore, IT - egy fekete gólya pihent meg a fészekben - 2022 09 14

Crevalcore, IT - a hazaérkező fehér gólya elzavarja a fiatal fekete gólyát - 2022 12 03
Adria

Post by Adria »

That's interesting, I've never seen black storks compete for a nest with white storks :shock: .
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Adria wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 11:57 That's interesting, I've never seen black storks compete for a nest with white storks :shock: .
the author of this video (Zsuzsa Wagner/macska) wrote, there where at least 5 attack! (and later partner change in white stork)

edit:
I know one similar case https://goris.lv/pavasara-jaunumi/ (very interesting reading by Dr. M.Strazds) and see next posts too

Return to “Miscellaneous”