Wolsztyn (Tytan and Skierka)

documenting the life on streamed black stork nests
Maria L

Re: Wolsztyn (Tytan and Skierka)

Post by Maria L »

09 lipca

Witam Wszystkich :-),

- 9.31.44 przylot Tytana,
- 10.41.12 siada - 10.42.37 siedzi - (przeskok w transmisji) - 10.44.35 stoi i głośno śpiewa,
- 10.45 chyba zauważył samiczkę i głośno śpiewa, rozgląda się we wszystkie strony:
Image Image Image

- ​10.48.59 odlot Tytana,

- ​10.53.39 powrót Tytana z głośnym śpiewem,
- ​10.54.09 jest samiczka!!!! 🤩- chyba Skierka!!!!!, ​ale radość Tytana - "​stara miłość nie rdzewieje":

- 10.55.36 odlot Skierki (czy Tytan uderzył dziobem Skierkę?):

- 10.55.51 siada - 10.56.02 wstaje, poprawia nerwowo gałęzie, 10.56.10 siada - 11.02.51 wstaje:

- 11.02.54 odlot Tytana
Madli

Post by Madli »

Video here:

Skierka meets Tytan! 09.07.2022
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

video by KOO https://youtu.be/TDTBFeo_goE is named Zaskakująca randka Skierki z Tytanem!? / Skierka's surprising date with the Titan !?

and under video this text (few corrections)

It seems that seven days ago Skierka left her young in a nest in the Bolewice Forest District. She was last seen with her offspring on July 2, before noon. The young storklets are not yet ready for independent living, so all hope is in the male Bolek, who feeds the chicks several times a day.
Today she met Tytan, a male with whom she had 2 chicks a year ago, 25 km away in the Wolsztyn Forest District. The GPS-GSM recordings show that most of the time it spends feeding on the channels between the surrounding lakes. Could it be regenerating after the brood and getting ready to migrate? By Ander

and one next post to this news
https://www.facebook.com/BocianiMy/post ... FAfS96TfWl

Skierka leaves her young and Bolek for a date with Titan!
This is the amazing behaviour of Skierka, who has not appeared at the nest with the young in the Bolewice Forest District for seven days. The young are 58 days old and are not yet ready for independent life. In the last few days, the female mainly forages in the nearby streams between the lakes. Today she met a male Titan😍 25 km from the nest, with whom she has probably not seen in a year!
https://youtu.be/TDTBFeo_goE

Reminded that in spring she came from a migration to Wolsztyn a few weeks earlier than Tytan and she simply did not live to see him. She then met two other males in other nests and finally chose ... Bolek. It must be admitted that Skierka's love dilemmas are complicated 🙂

Madli

Post by Madli »

marika.solo wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 20:59Reminded that in spring she came from a migration to Wolsztyn a few weeks earlier than Tytan and she simply did not live to see him. She then met two other males in other nests and finally chose ... Pain. It must be admitted that Skierka's love dilemmas are complicated 🙂
Pain= Bolek? :lol:

Skierka is a free soul- doesn't want to commit to anybody :)

Jokes aside- she is an unique female. Only she knows why she decided to leave her chicks so early. Maybe she will return there?....
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

Madli wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 21:37Pain= Bolek? :lol: ...
thx Madli - corrected (I am very busy these 2 weeks)
Ból (PL) = Pain (ENG), but the name Bolek is derived from Bolewicze :mrgreen:

- it seems to be early, but also females from other nests fly away before their chicks are already fledglings or just after their maiden flights
- she changed the males only due to the late arrival of Titan in my opinion (hormones are a powerful master)
Maria L

Post by Maria L »

Madli wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 21:37... Only she knows why she decided to leave her chicks so early. Maybe she will return there?....
Zostaje nam tylko obserwować...
Maria L

Post by Maria L »

10 lipca

Dzisiaj Tytan nie przyleciał do gniazda.
Maria L

Post by Maria L »

11 lipca

- 10.45.55 przylot Tytana ze śpiewem:

- porządkuje i napowietrz gniazdo,
- 11.12.01 siada - 11.39.29 wstaje - otrzepuje piórka:

- ponownie porządkuje i napowietrza gniazdo:

- 11.51 - 12.57 długo stoi w zamyśleniu :

- 13.01 czyści piórka,
- ​13.04.04 odlot Tytana
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

By Maria L

wideo na YT: Komitet Ochrony Orłów Eagle Conservation Committee, 11 Jul 2022
Wakacje Tytana - poleżeć w gnieździe warto? Titan's holidays - lying in the nest is always worth it?

Niesamowita jest determinacja samca Tytana, który w tym roku nie miał okazji przystąpić do lęgu. Jest połowa lipca. Zamiast spędzać wakacje nad płytkimi wodami stojącymi i powolnie płynącymi, wciąż systematycznie okupuje gniazdo! Jak widać na jego przykładzie (i Notka też) dla samców gniazdo jest bardzo ważnym elementem rewiru gniazdowego i należy go pilnować.
BY ANDER

The determination of the male Titan, who did not have the opportunity to breed this year, is amazing. It's mid-July. Instead of spending a vacation by the shallow, slow-flowing waters, it is still systematically occupying the nest! As you can see in his example (and the Notek too), for males, the nest is a very important element of the nest area and should be guarded.
BY ANDER
pinki flyd

Post by pinki flyd »

Hallo to all forum members,
thank you very much for the interesting insights into the stork psyche. Of course we can only speculate, but it is exciting to observe the individual decisions of the different males and females

Return to “POLAND streamed nests”