small talking

small talk about everything (except personal information and problems)
marika.solo
Site Admin

Re: small talking

Post by marika.solo »

pinki flyd wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 20:15
Hi Pinki,
thx for news. So all your WS are on their way. I wish them all long healthy life- finger crossed very much!

transmitters: yes, some times it is good, but there are very often bad news - without transmitters we can hope, that our storklets are the lucky one
Madli

Post by Madli »

Thanks Pinki,
Farewell to the storklets! I wish them a happy journey :P

To another topic:

I would like to share a photo of a white stork that I found from Facebook the other day.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=53 ... 6625595273
Photo by Monika Guk 29.07.2022

I instantly remembered our Kaia when she also brought those big rodents. :shock:
pinki flyd

Post by pinki flyd »

Hello dear ones :)

i have an update from my *hometown storks*, about the result of the autopsy of the suddenly died storklet :

The pathological report on the cause of death of the young stork revealed the following diagnosis:

Pronounced pulmonary bleeding as well as bleeding on the outside of the heart and in the soft tissue around the eyeballs could be detected. Due to this bleeding and due to the presence of a spinal fracture, a trauma by a small predator would be possible, according to the expert opinion. There was no clear evidence of poisoning.
The examination of the individual organs showed that it was a female young stork.
pinki flyd

Post by pinki flyd »

Also i have news about the youngest storklet (the *i fight with my mother* storklet*)
looks like nature wants him to survive :)

1 October
There is news from the youngest of this year's young storks.

On the night of 15 to 16 August, there was a storm with heavy rain in the town of Arles in the south of France. On August 16, the fire department discovered three storks stuck in the middle of a drainage channel. All three storks were ringed, one of them was "our" young stork.
After the three storks were recovered by employees of a bird park, they were examined, no injury could be found. The three storks were nursed for three days with a particularly vitamin-rich food and then released again. Our young stork could be observed several times during the day over the bird park and on smaller islands in the swampy terrain, before it finally left the area again.

Source for both news: http://schyren-gymnasium.de/tagebuch-storchenkamera/
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

pinki flyd wrote: 14 Oct 2022, 14:26
Hi Pinky :-)
thank you so much for this news. It is so good to know how our storks are doing.
Fingers crossed very much and big thank to helpers :D

Thank you also for the pathological report. I am still very sorry for her :cry:
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »

The Black stork calendar can be downloaded by clicking the blue text below. The file size is 42.2 MB - be patient by downloading (it is very, very slow).

Calendar 2023 (297 × 210 mm).pdf
edit 1:
- current only for registered members, we are looking for a solution (availability for all interested BS lovers)
- if you have a FB account, the calendar is available here: new post - https://www.facebook.com/groups/5563235 ... 252999287/

edit 2:
HERE YOU ARE (better solution :D and this one works and quickly :D )
move the mouse over the image and click on the arrow in the upper right corner:

previews

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Veronika

Post by Veronika »

Madli

Post by Madli »

Joyful and peaceful holidays to everybody

Madli
marika.solo
Site Admin

Post by marika.solo »